- The first two episodes of Lawmen: Bass Reeves will air on CBS after premiering on Paramount+.
- The series stars David Oyelowo as the first Black U.S. Marshal and is executive produced by Taylor Sheridan.
- Lawmen: Bass Reeves takes place in the mid-1800s and follows the dramatic retelling of Bass Reeves’ rise as a deputy US Marshal.
The first two episodes of Lawmen: Bass Reeves will be airing on CBS following the show’s debut on Paramount+. The series stars David Oyelowo as the titular Bass Reeves, dramatizing his life as the first Black United States Marshal. Oyelowo is also an executive producer on the series, alongside Yellowstone creator Taylor Sheridan.
Now, TVLine reports the first two episodes of the critically praised Lawmen: Bass Reeves will air on CBS following its streaming debut on Paramount+ earlier this week. The episodes will air Sunday, November 12 at 9 p.m. EST, right after the network airs its weekly episode of Yellowstone. This means viewers will have a double dose of shows where Sheridan has creative input.
Lawmen: Bass Reeves was originally billed as a spinoff of Yellowstone, but was later confirmed to be a standalone series.
What Lawmen: Bass Reeves Is About
The Western TV series takes place in the mid-1800s, chronicling a dramatic retelling of the real-world Bass Reeves and his history as a deputy US Marshal. Within the show, Bass’ rise to his newfound position is showcased, alongside the many challenges and struggles he faced while in his position. The first two episodes set the stage for a series full of both action and history, as well as many dramatic hooks for episodes to come.
The cast of Lawmen: Bass Reeves brings the world to life, fleshing out the time period with characters that are both allies and enemies of the Marshal. Joining Oyelowo are Donald Sutherland (The Hunger Games), Demi Singleton (Godfather of Harlem), Barry Pepper (True Grit), and Dennis Quaid (Far from Heaven) among others. By presenting a talented cast to bring the story to life, the Western is able to capture its story and time period in an engaging way.
Now that Lawmen: Bass Reeves is airing its first episodes on CBS, it’s possible the show could become a regular presentation for the network like Yellowstone. For now, though, it seems this primetime presentation will be a special event for the series. No matter where it re-airs, though, new episodes of the series will arrive on Paramount+ every Sunday.
Lawmen: Bass Reeves
- Release Date:
- David Oyelowo, Dennis Quaid, Forrest Goodluck, Lauren E. Banks, Barry Pepper, Grantham Coleman, Demi Singleton, Garrett Hedlund
- Drama, Western
- Chad Feehan, Jacob Forman, Taylor Sheridan
- Streaming Service:
- Taylor Sheridan, Damian Marcano, Christina Alexandra Voros
- Chad Feehan, Taylor Sheridan